Hi there, thanks for stopping by, this is a bit more about me and My Story of how I got here.
My name is Lianne Walker and its very good to meet you.
I started this site to share the simple ways that you can start doing what you were meant to do by showing you some of the possibilities that are out there; it all starts with choosing to live your life, your way. A fresh perspective.
My journey here has had a lot of twists and turns but I can say that I am so very glad to have arrived here, at this point, today.
It all started back in October 2000 when I became very ill. I had been working too hard and ignoring the health signs until the day came when I collapsed. After a number of tests I was diagnosed with a chronic and life-threatening illness.
That was the start of what was to be a very long journey; in fact it was an over a decade long journey back to health. I was taken down paths and to places I never knew possible.
As with any life-changing experience you learn a great deal and I came out stronger because of it.
A wake-up call like that gives you plenty of time to reflect and consider what’s important in life, namely family, health, and simply living for today.
I knew then that I would take care of myself, rebuild and begin again.
Since then I’ve retrained, I’ve tried and failed some things, I have followed different avenues and most of all, I have learned so much.
I’ve learned about
- what I can and can’t do,
- a lot about who I am,
- a lot about what I want and why and
- a lot about what I can give back.
And it all leads here.
Some other things about me:-
- My background is in the Biological Sciences and that is where my first love lies.
- Before becoming ill, I was working in a very good corporate job with all the external trappings but none of the internal joy.
- I now run my own business, that I have built from the ground up and am really enjoying that.
- I am a wife, mother, a lifelong learner, a doer …. and a stationery nut!
- I love to write, about life, the universe and everything. Curiosity is my middle name.
- I read voraciously, mostly non-fiction and share that with you.
- I share ideas, stuff I’ve done, learned and found; I encourage and show you how to do the same.
- My favourite place to be is by the sea; I am an Aquarian after all!
If there is anything you want to ask me or want me to cover that I haven’t then please get in touch.
Until next time
Have a great day – make it count!