Hi there, thanks for stopping by, this is a bit more about me and My Story of how I got here.
My name is Lianne Walker and its very good to meet you.
I started this site to share the simple ways that you can change your life, starting today by showing you some of the possibilities that are out there; it all starts with choosing to live your life, your way. A fresh perspective.
My journey here has had a lot of twists and turns but I can say that I am so very glad to have arrived here, at this point, today.
It all started back in October 2000 when I became very ill. I had been working too hard and ignoring the health signs until the day came when I collapsed. After a number of tests I was diagnosed with a chronic and life-threatening illness.
That was the start of what was to be a very long journey; in fact it was an over a decade long journey back to health; I was taken down paths and to places I never knew possible.
As with any life-changing experience you learn a great deal and I became stronger because of it.
I knew then that I would rebuild and begin again.
A wake-up call like that gives you plenty of time to reflect and consider what’s important in life.
For me that’s family, health, learning, helping others and simply living for today.
Since then I’ve retrained, I’ve tried and failed some things, I’ve followed different avenues but most of all, I have learned so much.
I’ve learned about
- what I can and can’t do,
- a lot about who I am,
- a lot about what I want, what I don’t want and why and
- a lot about what I can give back.
And it all leads here.
Some other things about me:-
- My background is in the Biological Sciences and that is where my first love lies, so everything on here will be backed by scientifically proven ideas.
- Before becoming ill, I was working in a very good corporate job with all the external trappings but none of the internal joy.
- I now run my own business, that I have built from the ground up and am really enjoying that.
- I am a wife, a mother, a lifelong learner, a doer …. and a books and stationery nut!
- I love to write about life, the universe and everything; curiosity is my middle name (not really but you know what I mean :)).
- I read voraciously, mostly non-fiction and will share that with you.
- I share ideas, stuff I’ve done, learned and found; I encourage and show you how to do the same.
- My favourite place to be is by the sea; I am an Aquarian after all!
If there is anything you want to ask me or want me to cover that I haven’t then please get in touch.
Until next time
Have a great day – make it count!